My kids could live on snacks. Yes, we sit down for dinner together and all that jazz, but they must be part hummingbird – both their stomachs and their attention spans. So I’m digging the Chex™ back-to-school snack recipes. They are super not complicated (mix in bowl, heat in microwave, done), and they’re not filled with sugar.
This Honey-Peanut School Fuel is total crunchy addiction with a few candies added for extra kid enthusiasm. If sending the snack to a peanut-free school, replace the peanuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds and go with regular M&M’s. Get the recipe here or try the Chex™ Apple-Almond bars.
Honey-Peanut School Fuel Recipe
- 6 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Cheerios™ Protein Oats & Honey cereal
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups candy-coated chocolate-covered peanut candies
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and peanuts.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter and honey uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture comes to a full boil and butter is melted.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is well coated and looks glazed.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Place in serving bowl; stir in candies. Store in airtight container.
Get all the ingredients you need for lunches and snack time at Publix®. One lucky reader will win a $40 gift card.
And even if you don’t win, all Chex™ cereal is buy one, get one free at Publix® from August 28th – September 3rd. In Store only, no coupon needed.
Apple Almond Bars
Honey Peanut School Fuel
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills® via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.0