Ricotta and Honey Roasted Plum Bowls with Crunchy Buckwheat
Yield 4 servings
Buddha Bowls © 2018 Quarto Publishing Group USA Inc. Text © 2018 Kelli Foster. First Published in 2018 by The Harvard Common Press, an imprint of The Quarto Group, 100 Cummings Center, Suite 265-D, Beverly, MA 01915, USA.
- 4 plums, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) honey, plus more for drizzling
- ¼ cup (40 g) kasha buckwheat
- 2 cups (480 g) ricotta
- Chopped walnuts
- Maldon sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C, or gas mark 7).
- Place the plums cut-side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the olive oiland drizzle with the honey. Roast until tender and lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil in a skillet over medium heat untilshimmering. Add the buckwheat and cook, stirring frequently, until the buckwheat is crispy and toasted, 5 to 8 minutes. If it starts to brown too quickly or burn, lower the heat.
- To serve, divide the ricotta among bowls. Top with roasted plums, crispy buckwheat, and walnuts.Garnish with an extra drizzle of honey and olive oil and a pinch of Maldon salt, if desired.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/honey-roasted-plum-bowls/