Yield 1 1/2 cups
How to make ghee, or clarified butter.
- 1 pound unsalted butter (grass fed, pastured is best)
- 3-4 quart pan
- cheese cloth
- Place the butter in the pan and melt over medium heat. The milk solids will rise to the top as the butter separates.
- Continue cooking the butter, skimming the milk solids from the top. The water will start to evaporate.
- As the butter is closer to being completely clarified, the bubbles will become larger as it "boils" and it will continue to separate from the remaining milk solids.
- When the butter is nice and deep golden yellow, remove from the heat.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve lined with cheese cloth to remove any of the remaining milk solids. Some will be stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- The ghee will be very, very hot. Use extreme caution. Let the jar cool, undisturbed, until it reaches room temperature.
- Top with a lid and either store in a cool, dark cupboard, or in the refrigerator.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/how-to-make-ghee-health-benefits/