Spring cauliflower couscous with green beans and goat cheese
If you are on a gluten-free diet or if you simply want a vegan recipe with a few less carbs, this cauliflower couscous—which mimics the texture of couscous—is a brilliant idea. Goat cheese adds tang and creaminess, while fresh green beans simply taste like spring. Set aside leftovers before garnishing, and you’ll have dinner or the next day’s lunch as well.
Spring Cauliflower Couscous with Green Beans, Greens and Goat Cheese
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan
- Remove the cauliflower leaves and stem, and cut in florets
- Rinse, drain well and place in the food processor
- Pulse to obtain kernels the size of couscous, then transfer into the saucepan and simmer for 5 min.
- Remove cauliflower from water and drain well
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet
- Add the garlic clove and fry for 1 minute, then add the cauliflower couscous and toast for 5 min., tossing frequently
- Add the coconut milk and lime juice, cook for 1 to 2 minutes and transfer mixture into a large bowl
- Add in the green beans, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine
- Serve garnished with arugula, goat cheese and mixed seeds