I received a mattress in order to write this KAYA mattress review, but all opinions are my own.
My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary a few months ago. I thought it would be a great time to replace our entire bed–mattress, frame, and bedding. All of it! I’ve been on the search for a new mattress for quite a while now. As luck would have it, KAYA Mattress asked if I would like to review their hybrid mattress and I immediately said, “Yes!” The timing was perfect and I was beyond excited to receive the mattress and try it out.
What Sets KAYA Apart From Other Mattresses
KAYA is relatively new to the top-tier premium mattress scene. Their American-crafted and designed hybrid mattresses are comprised five specially designed layers.
- Layer 1: The ThermoGel infused cover helps with temperature regulation and comfort.
- Layer 2: The second layer is comprised of an inch of responsive high density foam (5-pounds per cubit foot) for support and comfort.
- Layer 3: The third layer is a thicker, 2-inch layer of memory foam to provide support for pressure points.
- Layer 4: Transition foam makes up the one-inch thick fourth layer that adds deep compression support.
- Layer 5: The final layer is made up of 1,000 top grade steel coils that are individually pocketed and sandwiched between two layers of stabilizing foams for breathability, edge-to-edge support, body contouring, and little-to-no motion transfer.
KAYA offers a 20-Year Warranty on their mattresses as well as a 120-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee. Try the mattress out for 120 days (allowing about a month for your body to fully adjust) and if you don’t love it, they’ll pick it up and give you your money back.
Shipping is free to all 50 states and KAYA mattresses arrive quickly. Packaged for easy set-up, it only takes a few minutes to unbox and allow the mattress to regain its full thickness. (The mattresses are compressed and arrive rolled up before shipping.) The set up is so, so easy, though it did require another person because the mattresses are fairly heavy.
My KAYA Mattress Review
My husband and I are completely in love with our KAYA mattress. From the very first night and beyond I was hooked. I had been plagued by back pain for a long time and I no longer wake up stiff and sore. I used to hate going to bed at night because I hated my old mattress so much I dreaded bedtime because I knew I was in for a long night of discomfort.
Now I can’t wait to go to sleep at night and don’t want to get out of bed in the morning! (Ha!) I am able to get comfortable quickly and fall asleep more easily. I can’t recommend KAYA enough, truly! I frequently find my kids lying down on my bed because it’s the most comfortable spot in the house.
I’ve previously tested out thicker, firmer, and softer mattresses. Our KAYA mattress is the perfect thickness and firmness level for my preference. I haven’t liked memory foam only mattresses, so I knew a hybrid was the way to go. Best of both worlds. I really do notice how the different levels offer varying degrees of support, particularly for pressure points like the hip bones.
I am a side and back sleeper, but I also tried sleeping on my tummy. It was comfortable no matter which position I slept in.
One of the best things about my KAYA mattress that there is little, if any, motion transfer. I can be restless quite often at night and it would wake my husband up frequently. Both of us sleep better (I’m not as restless) and we don’t wake each other up when we do roll over.
The KAYA mattress is also much, much cooler than traditional mattresses. I get hot at night and I am finding that I feel really comfortable now. I’m excited to see how much better it is in the summertime.
The only minor issues I ran into were that my bed required a box spring (totally my fault–our old bed was a platform style) and the mattress is quite heavy. I did need help from another person to help me move the mattress onto the bed. Again, not out of the ordinary or a big deal–to me that means it’s high quality and durable.
To sum up, here are the pros and (few) cons I found:
KAYA Mattress Pros:
- SO comfortable
- Priced under $1000 for Queen size mattress
- Better temperature (cooler) than other mattresses
- Designed and crafted in America
- Medium firmness – not too soft or too firm (just right!)
- Responsive high density foam layer that adds the right amount of support
- 11-inches thick
- No shifting at all during the night – the mattress stays put and so do the sheets!
- Certified by CertiPUR-US® and made without: ozone depleteres, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants, heavy metals such as mercury and lead, formaldehyde, and phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions
- Minimal odor and off-gassing
- Free shipping to all 50 US states
- 100% no questions asked money back guarantee
- 20 year warranty
(Minor) KAYA Mattress Cons:
- heavy and cumbersome (like most mattresses)
- may require a box spring or extra support depending on your bed frame (see the website for more details before buying)
If you’re looking for a bed that offers unparalleled support and comfort, I highly recommend trying out a KAYA mattress. Learn more about KAYA here.