Keto Pad Thai
Yield 4 servings
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon (15 g/0.5 oz) Sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons (64 g /2.3 oz) almond butter or coconut butter
- Optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons erythritol or 5 to 7 drops stevia extract
- 2 packs (400 g/14.1 oz) shirataki noodles
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon (70 g/2.5 oz) ghee, divided
- 1.1 pounds (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium (30 g/1.1 oz) spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups (100 g/3.5 oz) bean sprouts
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup (15 g/0.5 oz) flaked almonds or coconut, toasted
- 2 cups (140 g/4.9 oz) shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- Small bunch cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the sauce: Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl, including the erythritol, if using. Set aside.
- Prepare the shirataki noodles: Wash the shirataki noodles thoroughly and boil them for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well. Place the noodles in a hot dry pan. Fry over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Using tongs, toss the noodles as they cook. Set aside.
- Prepare the omelets: Heat a pan greased with 1/2 tablespoon of ghee. Beat 2 eggs, pour into the hot pan, and swirl to coat the surface in order to make a very thin omelet. Cook over a medium-high heat for a couple of minutes or until firm on top. Flip over with a spatula and cook for 30 seconds more. When done, transfer to a plate. Grease the pan with the remaining ghee and repeat with the remaining 2 eggs. Set aside to cool down, then roll up the omelets and cut into thin strips.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces. Heat a large pan greased with the remaining 1/4 cup (55 g/1.9 oz) ghee and cook over a medium-high heat until pale and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spring onions. Cook over a medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Then add the omelet strips and bean sprouts and cook for 1 minute more while stirring. Add the prepared sauce and shirataki noodles, cook briefly until heated through, and remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To toast the almond flakes, place them on a dry hot pan and cook over a medium-high heat until fragrant for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent burning. Serve the pad thai with cabbage, lime juice, cilantro, and toasted almonds.
Courses Main Dishes
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 37.8 g
Total Carbohydrates 14.1 g
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
Protein 36.6 g
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/keto-pad-thai/