Kitchen Sink Curry Bowls
For Peanut Curry Sauce:
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter preferably smooth
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar or lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons madras curry powder or your favorite, to taste
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice warmed
- 1-2 cups leftover cooked chicken diced or sliced
- 3 cups leftover veggies cubed or cut into bite-size pieces (cooked or raw)
- Whisk together sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. (i.e. add more sweetener, more soy sauce, or curry powder) Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, warm up sauce, if desired.
- To assemble bowls, place 3/4 cup cooked and reheated brown rice into each of four shallow bowls. Divide the chicken and veggies between the bowls and top with the Peanut Curry Sauce. Serve immediately.