Kitchen Sink Curry Bowls
The ultimate way to use up odds and ends and leftovers. These curry bowls could include any of your favorite veggies. The peanut curry sauce is so delicious and brings the dish together.
Servings: 4 servings
For Peanut Curry Sauce:
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter preferably smooth
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar or lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons madras curry powder or your favorite, to taste
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice warmed
- 1-2 cups leftover cooked chicken diced or sliced
- 3 cups leftover veggies cubed or cut into bite-size pieces (cooked or raw)
- Whisk together sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. (i.e. add more sweetener, more soy sauce, or curry powder) Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, warm up sauce, if desired.
- To assemble bowls, place 3/4 cup cooked and reheated brown rice into each of four shallow bowls. Divide the chicken and veggies between the bowls and top with the Peanut Curry Sauce. Serve immediately.