Caroline demands (yes, demands) to hear her songs in the car each morning (ok, pretty much anytime we are anywhere near a car). Desperate after the 847th repeat of Itsy Bitsy Spider we started to look for alternatives.
And now I am sick of each one of them too.
I can no longer enjoy The Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling after a period of heavy rotation. Caroline, however, does now say “Mazel Tov!” on cue.
I’ve tried various strategies to share the air time. “Mommy’s turn” for the radio was short lived.
You can have a little songs. And then I can have a lot.
Here is a list of Caroline’s favorites (not mine):
1. Classic Nursery Rhymes :: Where the madness began
2. The Johnny Cash Children’s Album :: I never thought I’d hear my 3 year old say, “I want Johnny Cash!” Ring of Fire is also a frequent request.
3. Music Together Family Favorites :: Allee Galloo is new & exciting for Caroline each and every time.
4. You Are My Little Bird by Elizabeth Mitchell :: Why can’t all kids’ music be like this? Thanks to Elizabeth for sharing it with us – unfortunately we must now endure it at every meal as well.
5. The E.N.D. by The Black Eyed Peas :: If only we could hear the rest of the album….
6. House Party by Dan Zanes :: Trying to get into this one; may take a while.
One more I wanted to share. Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes is a great book & song combo. Loving it again now that I haven’t heard it in a while.
Anyone out their have a solution? I’d love to hear from parents who outwitted the back seat DJ!
If you caved (like me) what music do you listen to?