After years of ebook skepticism, I’m now totally on the Kindle train. The ability to take my books wherever I go–and not have to add physical copies to my already crowded bookshelf–is a total game changer. But there’s one kind of book that I still buy hard copies of: cookbooks! Because browsing through beautiful cookbooks is something I totally relish.
I’m always looking for new, colorful books to add to my collection and Nourishing Superfood Bowls is just that. It comes from the creator of one of our fave food blogs, Cotter Crunch, so you can expect tons of healthy recipes that put inspired spins on classic dishes.
A few weeks ago, I shared Lindsay’s Curried Satay Veggie Bowls on Hello Veggie–truly the tastiest way to use zucchini noodles. And today, we’re posting these Mango Tango Glow Bowls, which use anti-inflammatory golden milk as a base for a bright, tropical smoothie bowl. (And if you’re not into the bowl thing? You’re still going to want to make this and pour it into a glass.)
The best part about building a meal bowl is dressing it up with fun garnishes. We used a combination of nuts, seeds, granola, and coconut–and then because it’s spring, we added some edible flowers.
Photos by Emily Caruso
Mango Tango Glow Bowls
- 2 cups 480 ml coconut milk, canned or drinking milk
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Optional pinch of nutmeg or ground cloves
- 1 tbsp 15 ml agave, maple syrup or honey
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups 490 g frozen pineapple
- 1 cup 95 g frozen mango
- 1 tsp vanilla or less to taste
- Agave or maple syrup optional
- Grated ginger
- Chia seeds
- In a small saucepan or stockpot, brew the golden milk by combining the coconut milk, turmeric, black pepper, ginger and agave. Bring the milk to a soft boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk until blended, then remove and let cool in the fridge.
- In a blender, combine the golden milk, banana, pineapple, mango, vanilla and agave if desired. Blend until smooth.
- Serve as one large bowl or two small bowls.
- Top with the fresh grated ginger and chia seeds for crunch.