I’m unashamed to admit that I’m one of the hoards of people who gets excited for pumpkin spice latte season. There’s a local coffee shop here that makes the best PSLs; they have a certain richness to them that almost reminds me of Bulletproof coffee. They’re creamy, a little bit buttery, and full of all those warm and cozy spices that remind us of fall.
They’re also full of sugar. So! Much! Sugar!
So I’m taking things into my own hands and trying to make more of my pumpkin spice lattes at home, sans all the artificially flavored syrup. This PSL, courtesy of our friends at Nutiva, is sweetened with maple syrup. But what I really love about it is the addition of Nutiva Organic MCT Oil, for a bit of richness and brain-boosting, metabolism-revving healthy fats. (See why our nutritionist recommends adding MCT oil to your morning coffee.)
Use an immersion blender or frother to create an irresistible layer of foam on top and you’ve got a healthier version of your favorite fall drink – an MCT oil pumpkin spice latte. Yes!
MCT Oil Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup freshly brewed organic coffee
- 2 tablespoons Nutiva Organic MCT Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves whole
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 star anise
- Place milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices in a medium pan on the stove. Heat on low, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add coffee, and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat, and pour into a large bowl. Remove the star anise and cloves.
- Add MCT Oil, and using a handheld immersion blender, froth.