For a long time, women associated oil-based products with breakouts. And while that can indeed happen, choosing the right facial oil for your skin will do the exact opposite: it will give you the vibrant, flawless skin you always dreamed of. In fact, a good facial oil might be the one product to make a real difference in your beauty routine.
Face oils help complement the natural oils in our skin, while also adding an extra layer of protection. As they’re able to deeply penetrate into the skin, they trap moisture inside, and at the same time, they keep toxins out, by strengthening the skin’s natural barrier.
With antibacterial and healing properties, plant-based facial oils will hydrate the skin and help battle aging by plumping up wrinkles. Depending on the oil you pick and your personal needs, you could use a facial oil to calm down rashes, banish acne, shrink pores, or as a primer before applying makeup. If you’re confused about adding an extra step to your skincare routine, simply add a few drops of oil into your moisturizer or serum.
Need more help deciding which facial oil is right for you? We’re sharing our favorite natural facial oils below:
7 Natural Face Oils We Love
1. Goop Enriching Face Oil // It’s no wonder this facial oil is a goop bestseller! It’s a wonderful combination of organic oils, which works visibly and instantly, making your skin look and feel moisturized and refreshed.
2. Carter + Jane The Everything Oil // If you want a single product to cover all your needs (and honestly, why wouldn’t you?), The Everything Oil is where it’s at. Made from cold pressed prickly pear seed oil and a proprietary A3 Concentrate, this oil is suitable for everyone and everything.
3. Primally Pure Clarifying Serum // To brighten uneven skin tone, clarify the complexion and minimize breakouts, this is the serum you can count on. Combining turmeric oil, marula oil and green tea, it makes your skin glow and smell nice, too.
4. 15 Dry Skin Face Oil // Formulated with an amazing blend of geranium and camellia essential oils along with jojoba oil, this facial oil does wonders for dry skin. It hydrates and moisturizes all day long, leaving your skin supple and glowing.
5. Velvette Night Facial Oil // This light blend of luxurious, organic oils contains hemp seed oil and horse chestnut extract, which soothe the skin against the abuse of the elements.
6. NOW Nourish Facial Oil // Dry, parched skin in need of an intense boost in hydration and nourishment will be soothed and healed by this wonderful blend.
7. Burt’s Bees Complete Nourishment Facial Oil // Hydrating and anti-aging, this blend of rosehip seed, jojoba, evening primrose and more sinks into the skin, nourishing it and making it look supple.12