Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake
Yield 4-6 servings
This pasta bake starts with uncooked pasta and ends in a cheesy, delicious casserole that everyone will love.
- 8 ounces penne or fusili pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup leftover cooked chicken, cubed or sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- For serving: steamed, roasted, or sauteed green veggie of choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Have a 2- to 3-quart baking dish ready.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together uncooked pasta, marinara sauce, chicken broth, chicken, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Transfer to the baking dish. Top with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, dried Italian herbs, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the top of the casserole evenly with the breadcrumbs. Bake for another 10 minutes, uncovered, or until golden brown and casserole is bubbly all over.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Gluten-free pasta and bread crumbs can be substituted.
- Omit cheese for a non-dairy version and use olive oil instead of butter in the crumb topping.
Courses Main Dish