Editor’s note: Welcome to our newest contributor, Stephanie of WellNesting! Passionate about handmade and natural living, she’s a crafter and recipe maker after our own heart. I mean, her first post is a boozy cocktail; that’s a good sign, right?! A perfect cocktail to enjoy this holiday weekend!
With summer in full swing, all I can think about these days is getting my hands on a light, fruity summertime sangria. Sangria is usually synonymous with warm nights on the patio and festive backyard gatherings, and it’s easy to see why. Not only is it super easy to make but it serves a large crowd and it’s nearly impossible to mess up.
And unlike most cocktails, letting sangria sit for a few hours (or even overnight) really lets the flavors come through and only adds to the deliciousness.
Now that peaches have started hitting the grocery store shelves, I was inspired to give my rather traditional sangria recipe an overhaul. I lightened things up by swapping out the red wine for white, then I added just a hint of honey and basil and topped it all off with a dash of kombucha for bubbles.
Summery Peach Kombucha Sangria
I let it sit in the refrigerator overnight to really bring out the fruit flavor and to let the peaches absorb some of the wine (because, let’s be honest, eating the fruit is the best part).
It has just the right amount of sweetness without being too sweet and the addition of kombucha really makes it feel like less of a cocktail and more like a fruit tonic. So don’t be afraid to whip up a large batch and pour yourself another glass or two. We won’t judge.
Peach Kombucha Sangria Recipe
Everyone loves a summer sangria, and this peach kombucha sangria gets a healthy update with bubbly kombucha, a hint of honey and basil.
- 2 peaches
- 3 sprigs basil
- 2 ½ tablespoons raw honey
- 1 bottle chilled white wine
- 1 12oz bottle plain kombucha
- Cut the peaches into wedges and remove the basil leaves from the stems.
- Combine the basil and peaches in a small bowl and drizzle with the honey. Mix everything together and use the back of a spoon to gently mash the peaches and release some of the juice.
- Put the fruit mixture into a glass pitcher and add the wine. Give it a stir and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just prior to serving, add the kombucha and give it one last stir. Serve over ice (or frozen peaches if you would rather not water down your sangria) and garnish with extra basil.