My morning always seem to fly by quickly and I don’t notice it’s lunchtime until my stomach is growling something fierce. And I’m not going to lie – sometimes chips and salsa sound like a perfectly acceptable quick lunch. But I also know that if I want to avoid an afternoon slump, I need to eat a healthy, filling lunch to keep me going. Enter the Protein-Packed Kale and Hummus Wrap.
Kale + avocado hummus wrap
It’s easy to make and I can even put a few together in advance so I have lunch for several days already planned out. It’s also easy to swap out different veggies and greens. You could also add cheese if you wanted to.
The hummus, kale, sunflower seeds and avocado provide protein and good fats to keep your body satiated. If you’re grain-free, you could totally make this using lettuce leaves or collards. To make it ahead, keep it wrapped well with plastic wrap to keep it from drying out. Toss the avocados with a little lemon juice to keep them from turning dark brown. (They will turn a little brown, but they’re safe to eat.) Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
Kale and Hummus Wrap
Give your afternoon a boost with this yummy, protein-packed wrap made with hummus, kale, avocado, cucumber, green onions, and sunflower seeds.
- 1 whole grain tortilla
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup thinly sliced kale
- 1 teaspoon raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup julienned cucumber
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- Lay the tortilla on a clean flat surface. Spread the hummus over the tortilla in a thin, even layer. Top with the remaining ingredients, leaving extra space on the sides. Start with one edge and roll the tortilla up. Cut in half and eat.