It’s hot chocolate season, y’all! Are you as excited as I am? I’m not a purist at all when it comes to hot chocolate. Bring on the fun flavors! I’m not going to lie, I’ve been craving pumpkin since July. I did, however, wait until September to purchase my first (three) cans of the season. Pumpkin hot chocolate with white chocolate has been on my list of hot beverages to make at home for ages.
I have a house full of white chocolate fiends, so it was high time to pull our out mugs for hot chocolate taste testing. White Chocolate Mocha coffee creamer adds great flavor and extra richness to this recipe. It’s almost like a dessert. (Okay, it’s totally a dessert.) Go big with this one. It’s extra yummy with a mound of whipped cream on top.
My favorite way to make hot chocolate involves heating up milk or cream and pouring it over chopped chocolate – similar to making ganache. Something about that process makes for a very thick hot chocolate that’s just to die for. For this, I used part milk and part white chocolate mocha creamer over a few ounces of white chocolate. Then add pumpkin puree and a little cocoa powder for a little boost of chocolate without overpowering the delicate white chocolate flavor. And what is a pumpkin recipe without pumpkin pie spice?
Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup White Chocolate Mocha International Delight creamer
- 2 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon plus more for sprinkling
- Whipped cream for garnish
- White chocolate shavings for garnish
- Whisk together milk and coffee creamer in a saucepan. Heat gently over medium heat just until it starts to simmer. Don't let it boil!
- Remove from heat and add the white chocolate. Let stand for a few minutes to allow chocolate to melt, then whisk until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cocoa and pumpkin pie spice. Briefly heat again, if needed.
- Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream and garnish with white chocolate curls and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.