It’s hot chocolate season, y’all! Are you as excited as I am? I’m not a purist at all when it comes to hot chocolate, so I say, bring on the fun flavors! I’m not going to lie, I’ve been craving pumpkin since July. I did, however, wait until September to purchase my first (three) cans of the season. While everyone else is loading on pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin hot chocolate with white chocolate has been on my list of favorite hot beverages to make at home for ages.
White Mocha Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
I have a house full of white chocolate fiends, so it was high time to pull our out mugs for hot chocolate taste testing. White Chocolate Mocha coffee creamer adds great flavor and extra richness to this basic hot chocolate recipe. It’s almost like a dessert. (Okay, it’s totally a dessert.) Go big with this on, you guys. It’s extra yummy with a mound of whipped cream on top and enjoyed after dinner in place of dessert, if you ask me! A little creamer and white chocolate is always welcome.
My favorite way to make hot chocolate involves heating up milk or cream and pouring it over chopped chocolate – similar to making ganache. Water-based hot cocoa recipes often taste watery, but something about that process of making a ganache makes for a very thick hot chocolate that’s just to die for. For this, I used part milk and part white chocolate mocha creamer over a few ounces of white chocolate. Then add pumpkin puree and a little cocoa powder for a little boost of chocolate without overpowering the delicate white chocolate flavor. And what is a pumpkin recipe without pumpkin pie spice?
Finish off by adding a huge dollop of whipped cream and sprinkling it with white chocolate shavings and pumpkin spice. Then put your feet up and enjoy your hot cocoa while basking in the sights and smells of the holidays.
Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup White Chocolate Mocha International Delight creamer
- 2 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon plus more for sprinkling
- Whipped cream for garnish
- White chocolate shavings for garnish
- Whisk together milk and coffee creamer in a saucepan. Heat gently over medium heat just until it starts to simmer. Don't let it boil!
- Remove from heat and add the white chocolate. Let stand for a few minutes to allow chocolate to melt, then whisk until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cocoa and pumpkin pie spice. Briefly heat again, if needed.
- Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream and garnish with white chocolate curls and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.