If you read our guide to seeds, you know I love chia seeds. In fact, this strawberries smoothie bowl recipe also includes hemp, my other favorite seed. They make this smoothie extra creamy and delicious, plus it’s packed full of healthy proteins and fats to give you energy and help you stay full longer. I always sprinkle extra on top for a little crunch. The chia does thicken up to more of a pudding consistency if it sits for too long, so it’s be eaten right away. Use frozen strawberries to make it nice and cold.
Chia seeds are an amazing superfood loaded with omega-3 fatty acids as well as fiber, antioxidants and iron. And along with having 20 amino acids, hemp seeds easy to digest and add creaminess to smoothies. I’ve also included flaxseeds, one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids. You can’t go wrong with adding seeds to smoothies!
Strawberries n' Cream Smoothie Bowl
A delicious smoothie bowl made with strawberries, almond milk, seeds and baby spinach.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 heaping cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.