Strawberry Prosecco Granita
Yield 4 -6
- 1 pound strawberrries, hulled and pureed in a food processor or blender
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- leaves from 1 sprig of mint
- 2 cups prosecco (or champagne)
- In a small sauce pan, combine the water, sugar and mint leaves over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, turn the heat off and let the mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Combine the pureed strawberries, prosecco and simple syrup in a 9x12 glass baking dish. Stir together and place in freezer for 2-3 hours, scraping the mixture with a fork every hour or so to break it into pieces.
- Serve with a sprig of mint
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/strawberry-prosecco-granita/