Think shorts are one of the scariest things about summer? A close second to bathing suits, there’s just too much exposure all of a sudden with shorts: those untanned legs, those bits of cellulite, that shaving I postponed for too long. And don’t even get me started on hot pants – who can even wear that, besides 15 year olds? But, as with most things you avoid your whole life, there comes a moment when you understand you can work around it. It’s too hot not to! Start with a blisful coffee scrub and some self tan and work your way up to beautiful, flattering shorts.
1. Sam of The Pretty Life Anonymous recommends colorful, skinny shorts that don’t look frumpy, worn with nude shoes that elongate the leg.
2. This cool gal seems to have the summer Canadian tuxedo all figured out. Paired with comfy sandals and just a hint of animal print, it looks trendy rather than outdated.
3. Leandra of The Man Repeller will always wear what she wants, even if it sounds outrageous. Here, she mixes printed bermudas with a printed top, bag and sandals and guess what? She nails it.
4. Tanesha from Girl With Curves rocks a monochrome ensemble with knee length shorts and a striped top. The minimalist approach looks wonderful on her, and so chic.
5. Camille Over the Rainbow blends casual comfort (denim bermudas, slouchy t-shirt) with dressier elements (blazer, heels, clutch) and it simply looks great.
6. And finally, a comfy look that anyone can wear: a white button down, bermuda shorts and ankle boots. Can’t think of a better summer outfit!0