- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Candy thermometer
- Add all ingredients to a pot, and without stirring, turn the heat to medium-high. If you have one, attach your candy thermometer to the side of the pot.
- Once the sugar mixture starts to boil, swirl the pot to mix the ingredients.
- Keep a close eye on the mixture and cook until it turns the color of honey or until your thermometer reads 260 degrees (this took about 5 minutes for me).
- Immediately remove the wax from heat and transfer it to a glass jar to stop the cooking process. Meanwhile, take a spoonful of wax and put it in the freezer. Wait until it has cooled completely, then check the consistency. It should be stretchy like a piece of bubble gum and slightly sticky. If it's too runny, return wax to the pot and boil for another 30 seconds. If it's too hard (like crunchy candy) throw it out and start over.
- Once your wax is the right consistency, let it cool completely before applying to skin.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/sugar-waxing-how-to/