It’s important to stay cool and hydrated as the weather warms up. Our preferred summer afternoon snack is homemade popsicles. These get a fun makeover into spa pops. They are healthy, hydrating and 100% natural. You’ll be surprised how quickly they disappear from the freezer!
Cucumber Basil Pops
Cucumber and melon are two of my summer favorites. Both have a high water content naturally, making them a great base for popsicles. I added basil and lemon to the cucumber pops. They taste like infused water – not sweet, but utterly refreshing.
Cucumber Basil Spa Pops
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- juice of 1-2 lemons (to taste)
- smal handful basil leaves
- 1/2 to 1 cup water, if needed for blending
- Puree cucumber, lemon juice, and basil in blender. Add water if needed. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
-Fresh cucumber juice can also be used, or the mixture can be strained, if desired, before pouring into the molds.
Watermelon Strawberry Pops
You could definitely use other varieties of melon, berries, or other fruits. Other fresh herbs like mint, or even edible flowers would make pretty spa pops too. I use these molds which hold about 4 ounces of liquid in each one. The exact amount may vary a little bit due to natural variations in water content in the fruits and cucumber.
Watermelon Strawberry Spa Pops
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups strawberries
- Puree watermelon and strawberries until very smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until firm.
Some different combinations to try:
- Lemon with edible flowers
- Cucumber and mint
- melon with slices of strawberry
- Make with water or coconut water for extra hydration benefits.