Margaritas are an all time favorite for me, regardless of the season. I’ve shared the mango & blackberry margarita recipe when it was hot out, but for this time of the year nothing sounded better than cranberry. The cocktail is incredibly delicious (thank you, orange liqueur!) and it’s pretty to look at (red and white means Christmas, right?) Topped with snowflake straws, it brightens any holiday party you might be hosting.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 of a 64oz bottle of cranberry juice
- Lime wedges and coarse salt for garnish
- Mix together sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, pour into a large pitcher, and cool in the refrigerator about 20 minutes.
- Next add the lime, tequila, orange liqueur, and cranberry juice to the pitcher of simple syrup. Mix well, and chill until ready to serve.
- Rub glass rims with lime wedges, and dip in salt.
- Serve over crushed ice. Or blend with ice for a frozen margarita.