Mother’s Day is this weekend, and we have the perfect recipe for Mom (preferably served as part of breakfast in bed). These Cardamom and Rose Petal Donuts have a cardamom and organic dried rose petal glaze takes these baked donuts up a notch to superstar status. Make a batch for someone you love!
CARDAMOM AND ROSE PETAL DONUTS
Delicious baked donut recipe with cardamom and rose petals from The Inclusive Vegan.
Servings: 10 donuts
- 2 medium bowls
- Pastry bag
- Donut pan
- Small bowl for the glaze
For the doughnuts:
- 1⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1-2 tablespoon organic dried rose petals
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Put the batter into a pastry bag and pipe out the dough into a doughnut shaped baking pan. This will give a clean circle. If you’re less concerned about that, you can fill the pan by hand or bake them off as cupcakes.
- Bake 12 minutes until just golden. Let cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
For the glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar, cardamom and almond milk. Stir until a thick glaze forms.
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze. Pull them up and twist slightly to catch the glaze on the top of the doughnut.
- Allow the glaze to set and dip a second time.
- Before the glaze becomes dry, sprinkle with rose petals.
- Serve with strawberries and champagne, if you’re fancy like that.
Store leftovers in airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
aida mollenkamp says
Wow, some of my all-time favorite flavors!
Elsa | the Whinery says
What a wonderful idea for Mothers’ Day. These look delicious. I’ve pinned them to try, I have some rose petals that need using up. Thanks for this :-)
Henry Nielson says
Those donuts look delicious. I want some. HAHA