Mother’s Day is this weekend, and we have the perfect recipe for Mom (preferably served as part of breakfast in bed). These Cardamom and Rose Petal Donuts come courtesy of The Inclusive Vegan, who shares yummy plant-based recipes like Chickpea and Quinoa Burger and Fruit and Nut Truffles. A cardamom and organic dried rose petal glaze takes these baked donuts up a notch to superstar status. Make a batch for someone you love!
CARDAMOM AND ROSE PETAL DONUTS
For the doughnuts:
- 1⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1-2 tablespoon organic dried rose petals
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Put the batter into a pastry bag and pipe out the dough into a doughnut shaped baking pan. This will give a clean circle. If you’re less concerned about that, you can fill the pan by hand or bake them off as cupcakes.
- Bake 12 minutes until just golden. Let cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
For the glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar, cardamom and almond milk. Stir until a thick glaze forms.
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze. Pull them up and twist slightly to catch the glaze on the top of the doughnut.
- Allow the glaze to set and dip a second time.
- Before the glaze becomes dry, sprinkle with rose petals.
- Serve with strawberries and champagne, if you’re fancy like that.