We’re all looking for ways to add more turmeric to our diets, but once you’ve had your fill of turmeric lattes and curry, you might find yourself feeling a little bit stumped. What else can you do with turmeric?!
Well, here’s a simple way to get your turmeric fix: add it to hummus. Yup, turmeric hummus is that easy. A pinch of black pepper will help boost the turmeric’s effectiveness and then all you need are some veggies and pita chips for dipping.
But if you want to make your turmeric hummus a meal, we’ve got you covered. Spread it onto a tortilla, top with creamy goat cheese, avocado and parsley, and boom: tacos. Healthy tacos! These take minutes to make, so they’re a great lunch to bring to work or dinner for hectic evenings when you need to get something on the table fast.
Photo and recipe by Ana Stanciu
Turmeric Hummus, Goat Cheese and Avocado Tacos
Yield 2 tacos
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole grain tortillas
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Combine the hummus, turmeric, and black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the parsley, avocado, and pomegranate seeds with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Spread the hummus onto the tortillas, then top with the parsley salad and goat cheese.
- Fold and serve.