Vegan Spiced Apple Bread
- 2 ½ cups peeled and coarsely grated Granny Smith apples (about 7 small apples)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ cups white bread flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons Five Spice powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup Silk Almond Milk
- ½ cup organic canola oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Place the grated apples inside a clean dish towel and wring it until you have removed as much liquid as you can.
- Place the apples in a bowl and use your hands to break them apart. Toss the apples with the lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt and spices. Then add in the apples and raisins and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, oil and maple syrup.
- Slowly mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture until everything is combined. Be sure not to overmix. If the batter seems too thick, add a tablespoon at a time of extra almond milk until you get a pourable consistency.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake on the bottom rack for approximately 45 minutes. Then move to the top rack and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and continue cooling on a rack for an additional 20 minutes.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/vegan-spiced-apple-bread/