I keep saying it, but it’s true! Homemade beauty gifts really are my favorite. This vanilla-chai body oil would make a great gift for a friend or coworker. Infusing almond oil with tea and spices makes it smell amazing and is so easy to do.
Almond oil has many benefits for skin and hair. It’s rich in vitamins A, B and E, all of which are needed for beautiful skin. This light oil is quickly absorbed, making it perfect for moisturizing dry skin and it won’t block pores the way some oils do. Black tea is also high in vitamin E and C, and although you’ll get the most benefits by consuming a cup of tea, using it topically is also great for skin.
Switching to a richer body oil feels so great on the skin during dry winter months. But it’s great for more than just skin. Almond oil can be used from head to toe, from adding moisture to dry hair to healing chapped lips and dry heels.
All you need is almond oil, black tea and whole spices. I bought my almond oil in bulk at the health food store. It’s also available at places like Whole Foods and online. I used the kind specifically for skin use, but the oil you find in the grocery aisle would work too.
Heat the oil gently and add the tea and spices. Continue to heat on low for one hour to infuse the spices, giving it a stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
Strain out the tea and spices and pour into a pretty bottle. (I placed some cinnamon stick and a few extra spices in the bottle for decoration.) The oil should be stored in a dark cabinet and will keep longer if stored in dark bottle. For a stronger scented oil, you can add a few drops of essential oils if desired.
Warming Vanilla Chai Body Oil
Vanilla Chai infused almond oil is a great skin moisturizer and make-up remover.
- 8-10 ounces pure almond oil
- 1/4 cup black tea
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- Whole cardamom pods, cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks
- Glass bottle
- Gently heat almond oil in a small pan. Add the tea and spices. Continue to heat on low for 1 hour to infuse.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain and transfer to a pretty bottle.
- For a prettier presentation, some of the whole spices can be added to the bottle. Will keep for several months in a cool, dark place.
- Can be used after bathing as a skin moisturizer, a massage oil, or a make-up remover.