Simple Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
A perfect way to use up CSA tomatoes!
- 2 pounds tomatoes (heirlooms if you can get them), roughly chopped
- 1 red bell peper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cucumber, 1/2 roughly chopped, 1/2 finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Bread, for dipping
- Dump tomato, pepper, onion, cucumber and garlic in the food processor, and puree away. Work in batches if your blender or processor is small.
- Transfer to large bowl and add in oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour and up to 1 day.
- Top gazpacho with chopped cilantro and cucumber. Drizzle with a bit more oil if you want (I did not). Serve with bread.
Based on a recipe from Real Simple
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/weekend-kitchen-easy-tomato-gazpacho/