Crunchy Kale Slaw with Spicy Peanut Butter Dressing
Filling, crunchy and nutritious, tossed in light and spicy peanut butter sauce, this salad is a great choice for a healthy picnic and works great layered in lidded jars to-go.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 cup black rice or any whole rice available, cooked (makes about 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh kale leaves chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 radishes cut into slices
- 1 cucumber cut into small cubes
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
For the Peanut Butter Dressing
- 1 &1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 limes juice only
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp organic raw honey
- 1/2 inch ginger piece grated
- 1/4 cup SILK coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds black or white
- To assemble: jars with lids
Prepare the dressing first by adding all the ingredients into the blender. Pulse to obtain a creamy liquid and pour it evenly into the serving jars.
Add the grated carrots, cucumber, onion, radishes and sesame seeds into a medium bowl, drizzle with vinegar and toss to combine.
Continue layering the ingredients - black rice first, tossed vegetables and chopped kale on top.
Lid the jars and pack to-go.