Sweet Sriracha Chicken Salad
The spiciness of Sriracha is cut with crunchy veggies and a mellow Asian-inspired dressing.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 about 2.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small head of Romaine lettuce washed and dried, cut into thin strips
- 1 seedless cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons flavorless oil like safflower or grapeseed
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Place chicken in a shallow dish or large bowl. Prepare marinade by combining all of the ingredients. Pour over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. If using foil, brush with oil. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through and the chicken has blackened in areas. Transfer to a plate and keep warm until ready to serve.
Meanwhile, prepare dressing. Whisk all ingredients together and chill until ready to serve.
To assemble salads, place a heaping cup of lettuce onto a large plate. Top with the cucumber slices, shredded carrots and green onions. Slice the chicken and place on top of the salad. Top with chopped cashews. Pass the dressing alongside.