Roasted garlic cauliflower cheddar dip
A hot, cheesy, garlicky dip made with cauliflower so you can load up without the guilt!
Servings: 8 -10
- 1/2 of a large head of cauliflower broken into florets
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- salt & pepper
- 8 ounces grated sharp white cheddar cheese plus a little bit more for topping
- 3/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt any fat % will work, but 0% won't be as creamy
- 1/4 jalapeno seeds removed and finely chopped (optional for a kick of heat)
- chopped green onions for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Toss the cauliflower with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and spread out on a baking sheet.
Chop off the tops of the garlic cloves, drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Place on the baking sheet with the cauliflower.
Roast cauliflower and garlic for about 25 minutes, tossing the cauliflower half way through.
Meanwhile, add the cheese, yogurt and jalapeno to a food processor.
When the cauliflower and garlic are roasted, transfer the cauliflower to the food processor and squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves into the food processor as well.
Process for 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed until a creamy texture is achieved.
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, top with the extra cheese and bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes until the top starts to brown.
Remove from oven, garnish with green onions and serve with raw veggies, pita chips and/or crackers.