Rainbow Layered Superfood Yogurt Pops
Fun and fruity rainbow hued pops colored naturally with superfoods and fruit purees for a healthy, nutritious snack.
Prep Time1 hr
Total Time7 hrs
Servings: 10 popsicles
- 1 5.3-ounce container Raspberry or Cherry Yogurt
- 1 5.3-ounce container Strawberry Yogurt
- 1 5.3-ounce container Banana Cream or Mango Yogurt
- 1 5.3-ounce container Key Lime Yogurt
- 1 5.3-ounce container Blueberry Yogurt
- 1 5.3-ounce container Toasted Coconut Vanilla Yogurt
For natural fruit coloring:
- BRIGHT PINK - 1 3.5-ounce package frozen dragon fruit (pitya) puree, thawed OR 1/2 cup strawberry puree plus 1-2 teaspoons powdered dragon fruit
- RED - 1/2 cup raspberry or cherry puree plus 1/2 teaspoon beet powder
- YELLOW/ORANGE - 1/2 cup mango or peach puree plus 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- GREEN - 1/4 cup spinach + 1/2 banana or 1 kiwi pureed together, plus 1/4 teaspoon matcha powder
- BLUE GREEN - 1/2 cup blueberry puree plus 1/4 teaspoon spirulina
- PURPLE - 1 3.5-ounce package unsweetened acai puree (thaw if frozen) OR 1 teaspoon powdered acai (purple) plus 1/2 cup blackberry puree
- Popsicle molds or freezer-safe cups like paper or plastic cups
- Wooden popsicle sticks
Get your equipment ready and take out 6 small bowls to mix each layer.
Combine the raspberry or cherry yogurt in one bowl with 1/2 cup raspberry or cherry puree plus 1/2 teaspoon beet powder.
Combine the strawberry yogurt with one 3.5-ounce package thawed frozen dragon fruit (pitya) puree OR 1/2 cup strawberries plus 1-2 teaspoons powdered dragon fruit.
Combine banana cream or mango yogurt with 1/2 cup mango or peach puree plus 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric.
Combine key lime yogurt with spinach puree (1/4 cup spinach plus 1/2 banana or 1 kiwi) + 1/4 teaspoon matcha powder (green).
Combine blueberry yogurt with 1/2 cup blueberry puree plus 1/4 teaspoon powdered spirulina (blue).
Combine toasted coconut vanilla yogurt with one 3.5-ounce package thawed unsweetened acai puree OR 1/2 cup blackberry puree plus 1 teaspoon powdered acai.
To assemble, carefully spoon a scant tablespoon of the first color into the popsicle molds. (A funnel works great for this – wash in between each flavor for clear color separation.) Gently rap the molds to help the yogurt settle into the bottom. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Repeat with the remaining colors and flavors, allowing each layer to firm up a bit between. This will help keep the colors separate. Insert the popsicle stick and place in freezer for several hours or overnight to allow popsicles to firm up.
To serve, dip the popsicle molds into warm water for 10-15 seconds, then remove and eat!
Try to choose yogurt flavors with various colors to compliment the add-ins or just use all Vanilla or Toasted Coconut Vanilla.
I used ten 3-ounce popsicle molds. Adjust the amount of yogurt in each one according to the size of the mold as different brands and shapes differ in volume. You may have some leftover yogurt.
Typically one cup of fresh or frozen fruit (thawed) will yield 1/2 cup fruit puree.
2 tablespoons raw beet can be substituted for the beet powder. Reduce the amount of the raspberries or cherries by 1/4 cup and puree along with the raw beets, then add to the yogurt.
If dragon fruit puree or powder is not available, use 1/2 cup strawberry, raspberry, cherry puree.
If acai puree or powder is not available, use 1/2 cup blueberry or blackberry puree instead.