Festive Chocolate Lucuma Bark
This colorful bark is packed with vitamins and minerals.
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ cup virgin organic coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pistachios roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- Pinch of Celtic salt optional
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cacao powder, lucuma powder. Whisk constantly to stop any lumps forming. Add tahini and maple syrup, continuing to whisk. Stir in the cinnamon and salt, then remove from the heat.
Set the pan aside for about 5 minutes so the mixture cools slightly and begins to set.
Pour the mixture evenly onto the baking paper – you want the bark to be about 5–8 mm thick.
Scatter the toppings over the chocolate mixture and finish with a sprinkle of extra salt if you wish.
Put it in the freezer for 30–40 minutes or until set firm. You can then break it into irregular shards. For the best texture, enjoy it straight from the freezer.