Moisturizing Greek Yogurt Face Mask
Make an easy and inexpensive at-home greek yogurt face mask that hydrates skin naturally.
Yield: 1 application
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt —always use plain (unflavored), and choose full fat for extra moisturizing benefits
- 1–2 teaspoons raw honey
Blend yogurt, honey, and any optional ingredients (see notes below) together until you get a creamy paste.
Then, apply to your face and neck liberally with a brush or your fingers.
Leave the mask on for 20 minutes and then wash off with warm water. Apply moisturizer and enjoy your bright, glowing skin!
Optional add ins:
P.S. If you don't use all of the yogurt mixture on your face, you can totally eat the leftovers.
- Dry skin? Mash and add 1/2 of an avocado or 1 tablespoon of facial oil or 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Oily skin? Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of green clay.
- Acne prone? Smash 1/2 banana until smooth and add 1 teaspoon of turmeric or 1 drop of lavender or tea tree essential oil.
- Dull skin? Squeeze 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice—the citric acid will also help brighten skin.
- Aging skin? Blend in a few blueberries for a boost of additional antioxidants.
- Redness and irritation? Add 1 drop of lavender essential oil and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.