DIY Essential Oil Deodorant
This woodsy deodorant is made with a blend of essential oils and other ingredients to keep your pits fresh all day long.
Yield: 6 ounces
Microwave safe bowl
8 ounce jar with lid
- 4 tablespoons NOW® Solutions Shea Butter
- 3 tablespoons NOW® Solutions Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 10 drops NOW® Tea Tree essential oil
- 10 drops NOW® Cypress essential oil
- 15 drops NOW® Balsam Fir Needle essential oil
- 8 drops NOW® Sandalwood essential oil
Combine shea butter and coconut oil in a small bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
Add the baking soda, corn starch and essential oils. Whisk to combine.
Pour into a small lidded jar and let cool.
Apply a pea-sized amount under each arm. While I haven't had a problem with the oil staining clothes, to be safe, let your deodorant absorb a little before getting dressed.
And just remember, because this isn't an antiperspirant, you will still sweat (but that's a good thing!).
Caution: NOW® Solutions Essential Oils are very concentrated and can be irritating to the skin. Avoid direct contact with skin and always dilute essential oils before topical use.