Glowing Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
An easy-to-make smoothie that's well balanced with healthy fat, protein, and carbs.
Servings: 1 serving
- Large handful of greens like spinach
- 1 cup frozen cherries or combine with blueberries or raspberries
- 1/2 banana optional
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1 scoop of collagen protein
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Along with a hefty dose of good-for-you fruits and veggies, this smoothie contains collagen, one of the latest trendy super foods. Collagen is a protein responsible for the cohesion, elasticity, and regeneration of skin and is great for your hair, skin and nails. My favorite part: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides provides 9 grams of protein per scoop and is virtually tasteless. So even if you can't whip up a smoothie, you can just stir it into your coffee, how awesome is that?!