Superfood Kale Tapenade, Avocado and Egg Toast
Give your usual avo-egg breakfast toasts a detox twist by adding this superfood tapenade for a delicious taste and an extra nutrient kick.
- 2 free range eggs poached
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and cut into slices
- 2 tsp tahini
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp superfood tapenade
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Good quality whole wheat or gluten-free toast to assemble
For the tapenade
- 1 cup fresh kale leaves
- 1/2 cup green pitted olives
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch sea salt
Drizzle the toasts with tahini sauce, then add the avocado slices and top with the poached egg.
Place the tapenade ingredients into the blender, pulse twice, then transfer into an airtight jar.
Add a tablespoon of superfood tapenade on top of the toast, garnish with pumpkin and chia seeds, then serve.
Best if consumed immediately.
Feel free to skip the egg for a vegan option.