Cucumber-Melon White Sangria
Cool down with this not-so-sweet sangria using white wine and seasonal fruits and veggies.
- 1 bottle dry white wine try Riesling, Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- ½ small honeydew or canteloupe peeled and sliced or diced
- ¼ seedless cucumber sliced, plus more for garnish
- ½ lime sliced, plus more for garnish
- 4 mint leaves
- Splash of juice Limoncello or Midori (if desired)
- Club soda or sparkling water
Mix all ingredients except for club soda in a pitcher or punch bowl.
Refrigerate 2-4 hours, removing the mint about 30 minutes in.
Pour sangria into glasses over ice (if desired) and top off with a splash of sparkling water or club soda.
Garnish with cucumber and/or lime slices.
If you're looking for more flavor, some fresh-squeezed juice or a half-ounce per pitcher of Midori or Limoncello would sweeten it up. You can also add ginger to your fruit (strain it out before serving), or top off each glass with a flavored sparkling water (I'm obsessed with all of LaCroix's flavors) or your favorite soda (I like Fentinmans ginger beer and rose lemonade).