Homemade Bloody Mary Mix with Turmeric and Black Pepper
Turmeric, black pepper and fresh veggie juice make this homemade Bloody Mary mix perfect for brunch or healthy happy hours.
- 4 ounces fresh tomato juice
- 2 ounces fresh carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon turmeric to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil parsley or cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 drops olive oil
- Lime or lemon wedge sea salt (or celery salt) and black pepper, for rimming the glass
- Garnish of choice
- 2 ounces vodka if making with alcohol.
Mix all ingredients (except vodka) together in a separate glass or pitcher.
Put some salt (or celery salt) and black pepper on a small plate. Rub a lime or lemon wedge along the edge of a pint glass, then dip the rim of the glass in the celery salt and black pepper.
Pour ice into glass, pour mix on top. Stir. Add 2 ounces vodka (a cucumber or basil-infused vodka would be lovely), stir again and add garnish(es).
Try it without the alcohol, too—a Bloody Mary can be an easy way to get antioxidants and minerals if you've been slacking in the fresh-vegetable department lately. Think of it as a drinkable veggie tray!
If you like your Bloody Mary spicy, simply add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce. We all know the garnish is half the fun, and those can be healthy, too.