DIY Ayurvedic Massage Oil + How to Use It
Make these 6 massage oils blends, and reap the mind and body benefits.
Yield: 1 application
Breathe Easy Inhalation Blend
I find it’s easier to measure out the carrier oil in a separate container, like a measuring cup. Then slowly add in the appropriate essential oils.
Pour the massage oil into a dark bottle and shake well to combine.
Don't forget to date and label each bottle so you can remember which oil is which.
How to Do an Ayurvedic Massage
Make up the two blends by mixing each blend in its own bottle.
Run the bath and make sure the room is warm.
Inhale the Breathe Easy blend, and think of a beautiful place. Inhale again and imagine all the muscles in your body relaxing.
Pour a small amount of the Blissed Out oil into the palm of your hand and warm by rubbing your hands together. Massage the face by rubbing the oil in with nice firm circles across the forehead and across the cheeks and chin. Massage the whole body in the same way and give the bigger muscles a few squeezes too, particularly the shoulders and neck.
Soak in the bath and think about your favorite places and things. Repeat this treatment every couple of days if you’re going through a stressful patch, and continue monthly for maintenance.
Addition Blends: *add to 1 ounce (2 tablespoons)of carrier oil to dilute
Love Potion Blend
Relaxing Hand Massage Blend
- 8 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 3 drops jasmine essential oil
- 2 drops vanilla essential oil
In the Zone Head Massage Blend
- 3 drops neroli essential oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 1 drop sandalwood essential oil
Calming Nighttime Foot Oil
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops rosemary essential oil
Soothing Face Massage Blend
- 10 drops Roman chamomile or lavender essential oil
Activating Leg Massage Blend
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops rose absolute essential oil
- 2 drops geranium essential oil
- 2 drops carrot seed essential oil
- 4 drops juniper berry essential oil
- 2 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 1 drop cypress essential oil
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
- 1 drop sweet orange essential oil