Bone Broth Tom Kha
This fragrant, spicy Thai soup gets a nourishing boost from chicken bone broth.
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 1 1.5-pint bag Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 knob fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 6 Thai chiles
- 10 ounces mushrooms sliced thinly
- 2 pounds shrimp rinsed, peeled & deveined
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Fresh lime wedges for garnish
In a large pot or dutch oven, bring coconut milk and broth to a boil, add minced ginger and thai chiles to soup and simmer on medium for 10 minutes.
Add sliced mushrooms and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes and reduce heat to a simmer.
Add shrimp, lime juice, fish sauce and coconut aminos. Simmer until the shrimp are cooked through (about 5 minutes.)
Add more thai chiles if it is not spicy enough for you -- simmer for another 10 minutes. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
Top it off with cilantro and serve with fresh lime wedges.
Serve hot by itself or pour over rice.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.