Hibiscus Tea Electrolyte Replenishing Drink
Make this beverage to take along to the gym in your reusable bottle to hydrate and replenish electrolytes naturally.
Servings: 2 quarts
- 2 cups hibiscus tea strongly brewed
- 2 cups orange juice preferably fresh not from concentrate
- 2 cups pomegranate juice bottled or fresh
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut water
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- Honey or maple syrup to taste (if needed)
Combine all of the liquids in a large pitcher or jar. Stir in Himalayan pink salt. Taste and if needed, add a little honey or maple syrup to sweeten. It should be lightly sweet and refreshing.
Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to one week. Or freeze in ice cube trays and store in airtight container for several months.
To serve, fill a reusable bottle with ice and add the electrolyte replenishing drink.
- To brew hibiscus tea, bring 2 1/4 cups water to a boil. Place 4 hibiscus tea bags in a glass measuring cup or other container. Pour the hot water over the bags and allow to steep for 8-10 minutes. Gently press the bags to express any extra liquid and discard. Allow tea to cool before using in recipe.
- Loose hibiscus tea or tea bags can be used here. It's preferable to use an herbal blend if you cannot find plain dried hibiscus and need to substitute with a blend.