Fresh Spring Rolls with Coconut Peanut Butter Sauce
Customize these fresh spring rolls with your favorite fruits, vegetables, and herbs and serve them with a tangy coconut peanut butter sauce for dipping.
Servings: 10 rolls
Bowl of warm water
- 1/2 ripe mango peeled and cut into strips
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 1 cucumber cut into strips
- 1 zucchini cut into strips
- 1/8 medium red cabbage head sliced
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 carrot cut into strips
- 1/2 organic lime thinly sliced
- 1/2 pomegranate seeds only
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- To assemble: Rice paper wrappers
For the dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves
Add all the sauce ingredients into a blender, process until smooth, transfer into a bowl and set aside to allow the flavors to combine.
Before assembling, soak each of the rice paper sheets in warm purified water for two minutes.
Transfer the rice paper sheets onto a cutting board and arrange the ingredients. Place the ingredients you want to show on the top on the bottom of the roll, and the rest down toward the middle of the sheet.
Fold the right and left sides of the rice sheet over the filling, then roll tightly from the bottom up, to cover all the ingredients.
Repeat with remaining ingredients, then arrange finished rolls on a plate, sprinkle with black sesame and serve with dipping sauce.
There isn't a fixed recipe for creating the spring rolls--just make sure you use plenty of fresh ingredients to provide a variety of nutrients. Here are my go-to ingredients for creating a delicious combo:
1. Veggie base - crisp veggies such as zucchini, cucumbers, radishes, cabbage, carrots or beets, for fiber, minerals and vitamins.
2. Fresh fruits - especially citrus, pomegranate and mango, for a tangy twist and extra antioxidants.
3. Avocado - to add creaminess and a good dose of healthy fats to increase nutrient absorption.
4. Fresh aromatic herbs - for extra flavor and digestive aid.