Beauty Boosting Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Ready in 15 minutes and made with nutrient-packed ingredients to help your body balance hormone production, boost your mood and help your skin glow.
Servings: 2 servings
For the Quinoa Granola
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa about 3/4 cup dry
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds and nuts of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground flax
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2.5 ounces dark chocolate aim for at least 80% cacao, chopped
- 1 cup natural yogurt use plant-based yogurt for vegan
- 1 ripe mango peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 lime peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons desiccated coconut unsweetened
In a non-stick skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and add the quinoa granola ingredients except chocolate.
Stir to combine and cook for 7-10 minutes stirring frequently.
Turn off the heat, add the chocolate and mix to incorporate (it will melt in seconds).
Divide the yogurt into the serving bowls, and scoop the quinoa granola on top.
Garnish with fresh fruit and coconut flakes and serve.
Garnish with whatever fruit, nuts and seeds you prefer.
Store leftover breakfast bowl in the fridge for 1-2 days. Best if topped with freshly toasted quinoa granola.