Tex Mex Breakfast Bowls with Veggie Chorizo
Enjoy these (almost) Texas-sized breakfast bowls piled high with toppings and vegetarian chorizo. Vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large sweet potato scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 onion any variety, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each: onion powder garlic powder, paprika, chili powder
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa warmed
- 15- ounce can beans any variety, drained, warmed
- One pouch Loma Linda Chorizo
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4-8 eggs cooked as desired (optional)
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime quartered
- 1 to mato diced
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or non-dairy alternative
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
For veggies: Place diced sweet potato on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and use your hands to toss until coated. Combine the spices in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the veggies. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and golden. Keep warm until ready to serve.
While veggies are roasting, prepare the Loma Linda Chorizo according to package directions. Keep warm.
Divide the warm brown rice and beans between four bowls, followed by the Chorizo, spinach, and eggs. Serve warm with desired toppings.
I go all out with plenty of fresh cilantro, a squeeze of lime, sliced avocado, diced fresh tomatoes, green onions, salsa, and sour cream (or a vegan non-dairy alternative). If you aren’t vegan, a fried or poached egg would be another great addition.
To make vegan, omit the eggs and use cashew sour cream.