Healing Carrot Soup with Turmeric and Ginger
A warming soup loaded with healing nutrients for a comforting fall evening.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth warm
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1- inch ginger knob peeled and grated
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Fresh parsley Greek yogurt, black sesame, coconut flakes, to serve
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the carrots, parsnip, onion and garlic, then season with turmeric and cayenne, drizzle with coconut oil and toss to coat evenly.
Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and transfer into a blender with the vegetable broth, lemon juice and ginger.
Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Pour the soup into serving bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, sesame and coconut flakes, drizzle with Greek yogurt and serve warm.