Minty Fresh Watermelon Mojito
Watermelon gets boozy in this summer patio drink featuring light rum, fresh mint and lime juice.
- 3 large about 1-inch cubes watermelon
- 1 lime quartered into wedges
- 1 teaspoon sugar or simple syrup or agave - optional
- 6 to 8 mint leaves plus a sprig for garnish
- 2 ounces white rum
- Club soda or sparkling water
Place watermelon, 2 lime wedges, sugar (if using) and mint leaves in the bottom of a pint-sized glass.
Muddle 20-30 seconds, until liquid forms, the mint leaves are slightly bruised and the sugar is mostly dissolved. Let sit for a minute or two.
Add the rum and desired amount of ice to the glass.
Squeeze 1 lime wedge worth of juice into the glass; top off with club soda or sparkling water.
Garnish with the remaining lime wedge and mint sprig.