If you are only going to try one project on HH, then you have to give this one a go. This will change your life Seriously!
That might sound a bit (a lot?) melodramatic, but I promise it will blow your mind how easy these hoops are to make. You’ll never have to buy earrings again!
3 ways to DIY earrings – in less than 5 minutes!
- 20 or 22 gauge wire
- Assorted beads or sequins
- Jewelry pliers
- Wire clippers
- French earring hooks
- Small jump rings
- Eyepins (headpins would also work)
How to make round hoops
- Clip two pieces of wire about 2.5 inches long each. The longer the piece of wire, the bigger the hoop will be.
- Mold the wire around a round shape form. A small bottle works great. Bend the wire until you have a U shape with a nice curve at the bottom.
- Slide on whatever beads you want to use.
- With jewelry pliers, curl both ends of the wire inward to make small loops.
- Push the wire ends together so the loops cross and attach a jump ring to hold the loops together.
- Attach a hook earring to the jump ring.
How to make oval hoops
- Cut two pieces of wire about 3 inches long each.
- Hold the center of the wire with one finger and bend the wire to create a fish-like shape. Let the ends cross.
- Slide the sequins and beads onto the wire.
- Grab one piece of wire with the jewelry pliers and twist is around the other side 2-3 times about 1/4 inch from the end of the wire.
- Curl the 1/4-inch wire tail down into a loop.
- Attach a earring hook to the loop.
How to make eyepin hooks
- Slide beads onto the eyepin.
- Bend the end of the eyepin down into a hook shape with jewelry pliers.
That’s it! That was easy, right?
Have you ever made your own hoops? This would be a perfect crafternoon activity with the girls!271