Getting our daily dose of hydration is as important as breathing. Especially during the summer months, when our bodies sweat overtime, we need to make sure there’s plenty of water coming in to keep us going. The easiest method to make plain water taste better and to convince ourselves to drink more of it is to infuse it with fruits, veggies and herbs.
The possibilities are truly endless, and so are the health benefits. It’s no wonder infused water is also known as detox water!
1. Citrus cilantro – Citrus fruit are packed with vitamin C, they neutralize free radicals and may protect against heart disease. Cilantro, on the other hand, contains no cholesterol and even helps reduce it!
2. Strawberry mint – Infused water is easier to drink than regular one. It’s no wonder, since it has the delicious taste of strawberry and mint mixed in!
3. Orange & basil – A tasty combination that mixes the sweetness and vitamins of oranges with the refreshing taste of basil.
4. Cucumber herb – Classic spa water is made with cucumbers, known for being super hydrating. This one also features rosemary, thyme and mint to mix things up.
5. Berries, lime & mint – Soak your favorite berries into your drinking water, together with a few slices of lime and some fresh mint.
6. Honeydew, cantaloupe and cucumber – Mix the sweet melon taste with cucumber, and you get a refreshing, vitamin-filled everyday water.
7. Granny Smith, ginger & lemongrass – This tasty combination is filled with health benefits.
8. Tropical – Give a tropical twist to your plain water with mango and pineapple. You can even replace water with coconut water if you like!
9. Bubble water – For a different type of infused water, add in chia seeds: a healthy version of bubble tea.
10. Fruit ice cubes – Freeze fruit in ice cube trays, then add them to your water to chill and flavor it.
11. Mango basil – Basil is refreshing and flavorful, while mango adds sweetness and a tropical taste to the water. It’s hard to tell that’s it’s not an actual cocktail!
12. Strawberry, lemon & ginger – Ginger is considered one of the world’s healthiest foods, and it adds a bit of spice to this lemonade-tasting infused water.
13. Blackberry mint – Aiding digestion and lowering cholesterol, blackberries are a healthy summer staple. Add them to your water together with mint leaves for a refreshing drink.
14. Citrus and mint – The combination of orange, lime and lemon is not just tasty, but it looks good, too! The mint garnish will add to the taste and to the look as well.
15. Peach, blackberry & thyme – If fruits and herbs still don’t make your water fun enough, add some sparkling water like this recipe suggests.
16. Lemon, mint and raspberries – The freshness of lemon and mint is sweetened with pretty raspberries in this water idea.
17. Watermelon rosemary – This lovely flavor combo is a keeper! Watermelon is super hydrating and rosemary even protects against macular degeneration! Your eyes will be thankful.
18. Grapefruit mint – The Vitamin C packed grapefruit promotes cardiovascular health, while mint helps with allergies and improves the skin.
19. Cucumber and lime – A classic, hydrating flavor for your daily water, topped with fresh mint leaves which make it even tastier.
20. Watermelon – Watermelon is so tasty and refreshing on its own, it doesn’t need a second ingredient to make your water enjoyable.
21. Kiwi blackberry – Kiwi has more vitamin C than an orange, and it also contains vitamin K, copper, fiber and vitamin. All these beneficial components are mixed with blackberries in this infused water idea.
22. Grapefruit + rosemary – This detox water features grapefruit, which is often used for weight loss, together with rosemary, which is rich in antioxidants and enhances memory and concentration.
23. Rhubarb, apple + cinnamon – Rhubarb is packed with vitamin K, which is responsible for blood not clotting, and cinnamon is a natural booster. Not to mention that apples maintain bone and tissue health!
24. Refreshing detox water – This one is made with citrus slices, cucumber and mint, and the combination is as refreshing as can be.
25. Cherry basil – Cherries and basil pair well together, and since the cherries were previously frozen, they also chill the drink.44