If you are only going to try one project on HH, then you have to give this one a go. This will change your life Seriously!
That might sound a bit (a lot?) melodramatic, but I promise it will blow your mind how easy these hoops are to make. You’ll never have to buy earrings again!
3 ways to DIY earrings – in less than 5 minutes!
- 20 or 22 gauge wire
- Assorted beads or sequins
- Jewelry pliers
- Wire clippers
- French earring hooks
- Small jump rings
- Eyepins (headpins would also work)
How to make round hoops
- Clip two pieces of wire about 2.5 inches long each. The longer the piece of wire, the bigger the hoop will be.
- Mold the wire around a round shape form. A small bottle works great. Bend the wire until you have a U shape with a nice curve at the bottom.
- Slide on whatever beads you want to use.
- With jewelry pliers, curl both ends of the wire inward to make small loops.
- Push the wire ends together so the loops cross and attach a jump ring to hold the loops together.
- Attach a hook earring to the jump ring.
How to make oval hoops
- Cut two pieces of wire about 3 inches long each.
- Hold the center of the wire with one finger and bend the wire to create a fish-like shape. Let the ends cross.
- Slide the sequins and beads onto the wire.
- Grab one piece of wire with the jewelry pliers and twist is around the other side 2-3 times about 1/4 inch from the end of the wire.
- Curl the 1/4-inch wire tail down into a loop.
- Attach a earring hook to the loop.
How to make eyepin hooks
- Slide beads onto the eyepin.
- Bend the end of the eyepin down into a hook shape with jewelry pliers.
That’s it! That was easy, right?
Have you ever made your own hoops? This would be a perfect crafternoon activity with the girls!337
What’s up to every one, it’s genuinely a nice for me to
pay a visit this web page, it consists of valuable
Love the earring and plan on giving them a try today. Your photos and instructions are well done. Thank you for the idea.
nba 2k16 vc coins says
I love looking through your web sites. Thank you!
Mary Mcintyre says
Very cute! Can’t wait to make them!!
I love the hoops. I will give these a try.
I love the earrings and might make them for a present
Thee are super adorable and can’t wait to make them.
wow superb… i’m very eager to make it.
I know what I’m making for Christmas for the Women on my list. What fun!!!
Cute DIY earrings you made!
I see Christmas gifts here….my daughter will love these.
Meg @ Beard and Bonnet says
Love this! I think my daughter would really enjoy an afternoon of earring making:)
that’s gorgeous !
Lovely! You should host a craft session in Nashville for all of us who might have a desire but wouldn’t know really how to get started.
That’s what we should do at your shower luncheon! I’ll find us a good project to craft up :)
elle sees says
i love these and how they turned out! i need to give them a go!
Claire @ Claire K Creations says
Hmm I already have a few of the ‘ingredients’ for this one. You seem to have the rush-to-eBay-and-hit-buy-it-now effect on me!
Kelsy with Loose Ends says
I love the eye pin hooks you made. Those are so cute!
I’ve made earrings like the last pair but none were hoops. I’m definitely going to give this a whirl. Thanks! :-)