Here at Hello Glow, we’re on a mission to find the safest and most effective beauty and wellness products. And one of the first things on our detox to-do list is the makeup bag. Natural makeup has come a long way and now there are so many amazing organic makeup and beauty brands. It’s a difficult task to narrow down a list of favorites!
Here’s our list of the best natural makeup brands based on personal experience, ingredients, packaging and company values. We hope you’ll find this list useful in creating your own natural glow.
10 Best Natural Makeup Brands
1. Juice Beauty
This is the line created by none other than Gwyneth Paltrow. I know what you’re thinking since GP has a reputation of endorsing products with hefty price tags. So I was surprised to learn that the line is pretty affordable, and in my book, if it has GP’s seal of approval, it must be good!
- Phyto-Pigments Perfecting Concealer // Plant-derived Phyto-Pigments conceal discolorations, dark under-eye circles and other skin imperfections.
- Phyto-Pigments Sheer Lip Gloss // Effortlessly delivers shimmer and a high-shine glow to lips with just one stroke.
- Phyto-Pigments Illuminating Primer // Illuminate skin, smooth the appearance wrinkles, and blur imperfections for a flawless complexion.
We’ve shared our BeautyCounter favorites in the past (and even a few of their makeup artist tricks!). Devoted to transparency about how their products are made, BeautyCounter’s mission is to make safe products available for everyone, simply by banning toxic chemicals from their cosmetics. A staple in Stephanie’s daily makeup routine, their skincare and makeup gets two thumbs up from us.
- Flawless in Five // The easiest way to a flawless, natural look is this totally customizable set including foundation, concealer, mascara, blush, lip gloss and a brow product. Perfect to get you started on the natural makeup journey!
3. 100% Pure
This company takes its name seriously! All products are completely free of any damaging chemicals, artificial fragrances, harmful toxins and skin irritating parabens. They’ll also help fight against premature aging with their jam-packed naturally occurring antioxidant goodness. Plus, how can you not love that their makeup is pigmented with fruit dye?!
- Fruit Pigmented Luminizer // The powder adds a rosy touch from berry pigments, while illuminating skin with light-reflective minerals and softening with plant oils and butters.
- Fruit Pigmented Cherry Lip & Cheek Stain // Multitasking semi-sheer stain gives a beautiful flush to lips and cheeks with long lasting, buildable pigments from beets, blueberries, and pomegranate.
- Green Tea Fiber Brow Builder // Lightweight eyebrow gel defines and sculpts for a full, more polished look. Green tea leaf fibers add volume, while Pro Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E strengthen.
4. Josie Maran
This popular brand centers its whole line around 100% pure, fair trade and organic argan oil. They also offer the option to ship your makeup containers back to them for free in order to have them recycled, a zero waste beauty idea we can definitely appreciate.
- Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm // Creamy, whipped and lightweight, it helps diminish the look of fine lines and large pores, and helps makeup stay on longer.
- Argan Moonstone Glow Highlighting Stick // A multi-use highlighting and pore-smoothing glow stick infused with Pure Argan Oil and holographic priming pearls for a radiant skin.
- Vibrancy Argan Oil Full Coverage Concealer Fluid Deep // A full-coverage clean concealer infused with argan oil and fresh ingredients to depuff, brighten, nourish, and conceal.
5. Ecco Bella
Free of gluten, preservatives and dyes, this brand has awesome natural lipsticks, glosses, pencils and crayons. But they’re not just about lip color! Their mineral-based FlowerColor Makeup uses natural flower wax to shield skin and lock in natural moisture.
- Ecco Bella Natural Lip Gloss // Naturally-preserved and containing Vitamin E, aloe vera, and shea butter, the lip gloss is a safe, non-toxic option for your lips.
- Ecco Bella Natural Lipliner Pencil // Made with natural vegetable waxes, to create a natural, soft line.
- Ecco Bella Lip Smoother Moisturizer // An outstanding lip treatment in delicious colors. Use alone, under or over lipstick for extra moisturizing.
6. Dr. Hauschka
Dr. Hauschka Skin Care is a line of skin care and makeup products with a foundation in natural medicine and respect for the rhythms of nature. It’s not cheap, but you can feel good knowing each product is made with the highest quality ingredients from nature, including selected medicinal herbs and plants.
- Compact Powder // Combining mineral pigments and silk powder, the pressed powder applies effortlessly to help minimize unwanted shine, whilst promoting even, velvety soft skin without caking.
- Defining Mascara // Infused with Beeswax and mineral pigments, the nourishing mascara conditions and protects delicate lashes, whilst the specially designed brush captures and separates individual hairs for ultimate impact.
- Eyeshadow Trio // Three complementary shades that blend seamlessly onto the lids for show-stopping results.
7. RMS Beauty
Created by makeup artist Rose-Maris Swift, this coconut oil-based makeup line is not only non-toxic, but it actually heals and nourishes skin.
- Raw Coconut Cream // Moisturize skin and remove even the most stubborn eye makeup with this hydrating natural organic coconut oil.
- Tinted “Un” Powder // Tinted “Un” Powder is formulated with the highest quality silica and mineral pigments powder give the perfect amount of sheer coverage.
- Lip2Cheek // From youthful sheers to more intensely colored stains, each shade is formulated with nourishing organic ingredients and raw mineral pigments.
8. Alima Pure
We love the rich colors in this mineral-based makeup line. Their minerals are specially processed to provide deep pigment, opacity and shimmer without any toxins, irritants or preservatives. Bonus: their packaging is made out of 100% post-consumer recycled paper and eco-friendly soy-based inks.
- Natural Definition Mascara // Provitamin B5, Jojoba oil, and natural beeswax nourish and condition, leaving lashes healthy and lush.
- Natural Definition Eye Pencil // A long-lasting, natural eyeliner pencil made with soothing natural oils, waxes, and Chamomile extract to protect the delicate eye area.
- Lip Tint // Lightly scented with natural peppermint oil, lip tints moisturize, soothe, and protect the lips.
I own a couple of lipsticks and love them! Each Ilia product is filled with certified organic bio-active botanicals that nourish and rejuvenate the skin. The combination of on trend pigments and super nourishing elements is what sets ILIA apart in organic beauty.
- ILIA Beauty Tinted Women’s Lipstick // The deep tones of violet, and burgundy melt together forming a beautiful berry stain an ideal shade, easily carried from day to night.
- ILIA Beauty Tenderly Women’s Multi-Stick // Ilia multi-sticks combine organic ingredients with the healing properties of vitamin e and shea butter apply to cheeks, lips and eyes for a sheer blush of color.
- ILIA Beauty Lip Care-Balmy Nights // Have you ever used a lip exfoliator in a stick form? We suggest you give it a try.
10. Mad Hippie
You might know Mad Hippie from their skincare line (their vitamin C serum is a huge hit). Now they’re bringing their skin expertise to clean makeup that also addresses underlying skin concerns. We love the creamy concealer that comes in a variety of natural shades, and with brightening antioxidants and peptides it does more than just cover up. Check out their vegan, cruelty-free mascara and cheek and lip tints that all come in eco-friendly packaging.
- Concealer // This luxe, creamy concealer addresses underlying skin care concerns, and is a make-up that your skin will love!
- Lip & Cheek Tint // Jojoba and shea butter keep skin hydrated while sea buckthorn berry & blueberry provide antioxidant support!
- Mascara // This dreamy, classic black shade of mineral mascara with peptides delivers beautiful, shiny, full lashes!
Do you guys swear by a brand worth mentioning? Any favorites in your makeup arsenal? Let us know!
This post was medically reviewed by Dr. Jennifer Haley, a board-certified dermatologist with extensive experience in medical, cosmetic and surgical dermatology. Learn more about Hello Glow’s medical review board here. As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor.447