Two of our favorite kitchen utensils have to be the freezer and slow cooker. And that’s because they make our cooking much easier. I don’t know about you, but these two have saved my life on more than one occasion! The absolute best combination? Slow cooker meals that you can freeze ahead of time. Making my way through these 12 freezer bag recipes was one of the big highlights of the holidays last year.
Take a Sunday afternoon to plan and bag a batch of meals for this winter. You’ll save time and money, and when you pull a bag out of the freezer and dump it in the slow cooker you can take the rest of the day off. :) Here are some of the best freeze and dump slow cooker recipes we found:
25 Freezer Slow Cooker Meals
1. Bacon covered Kalua pork recipe by Happy Money Saver. Pulled pork always tastes amazing. But if you add bacon? It’s insane!
2. Beer & beef slow cooker stew by Baked in the South. Beef tastes divine when soaked in beer and this recipe will make sure it gets all those flavors in.
3. Crockpot applesauce BBQ chicken by Who Needs a Cape? Applesauce and chicken? A match made in gourmet heaven!
4. Crock pot chili by Busted Button. This delicious, easy to make beef chili only takes a few moments of your time before being stored into the freezer.
5. Sweet & sour meatballs by Twin Dragonfly. A twist on regular meatballs, with a fragrant sweet and sour taste that goes well with rice.
6. Freezer crockpot beef stew by Live Simply. This healthy, made-ahead stew won’t taste like leftovers, and it will spare you some time and energy.
7. Slow cooker split pea soup by Hello Veggie. A vegetarian version of split pea soup made with Indian spices.
8. Crockpot Mongolian beef by Once a Month Meals. Mongolian beef is flavored with brown sugar, carrots and garlic, making it a sweet, delicious meal.
9. Mushroom barley stew by Hello Glow. This easy stew is amazing with hot, crusty bread or rolls and it will be ready after 8 hours in the slow cooker.
10. Savory Pepper Steak by Six Cents. Made with beef boullion and Worcestershire sauce, this make-ahead steak is bound to satisfy the entire family.
11. Chicken Cacciatore by More Like Home. What makes this chicken dish to delicious is the simple combination of zucchini, onion and bell pepper.
12. Slow cooker sausage spinach tomato soup by New Leaf Wellness. This soup mixes healthy ingredients like spinach and tomatoes with filling ones, and the result is delicious.
13. Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken by Stockpiling Mom. Lime and cilantro are a fresh and wonderful combination that makes your chicken crockpot a dream.
14. Sausage lentil soup by Hello Glow. A hearty, filling meal made with kielbasa sausage, brown lentils and Italian seasoning.
15. Crockpot Mexican chili with cornbread topping by New Leaf Wellness. This whole dish is easy to make in the crockpot, even the cornbread topping!
16. Orange beef stew by 100 Days of Real Food. This stew includes sweet potatoes, orange juice and chuck roast and it’s a busy mom’s dream.
17. Slow cooker beef & mushrooms by Six Sisters Stuff. This freezable, make-ahead dish is a lovely combo of mushrooms, apple juice and stew meat.
18. Maple Dijon chicken by Kojo Designs. Take your slow cooker chicken to a whole new level with dijon mustard and maple syrup.
19. Cranberry pork roast by New Leaf Wellness. You only need four ingredients and a slow cooker to make this recipe, plus you can freeze it ahead of time for efficiency.
20. Slowcook chicken broccoli Alfredo by Happy Money Saver. Don’t waste any time on your pasta! Just boil it towards the end of the slow cooker sauce being ready.
21. Lentil Butternut Squash Curry by Hello Glow. Butternut squash gives this recipe a creamy taste with a hint of sweetness. You want this recipe in your freezer (and on your plate!)
22. Crock-pot Western beef casserole by Crock-pot Ladies. Our suggestion is double the quantities, freeze half and use half for right now!
23. Cindy’s chicken by The Chaos and the Clutter. Cindy’s chicken is prepared ahead with Russian salad dressing and apricot jam.
24. Mexican Restaurant Sweet Pork by Sewing Our Life Together. A juicy and delicious pork recipe that tastes just like in a Mexican restaurant.
25. Cafe Rio crockpot chicken by Over the Big Moon. The Zesty Italian Dressing and Dry Ranch Dressing make this meal easy and tasty.248